[SIG Monthly Report] Sharing the latest progress of the openKylin community SIG group in December
In order to promote the prosperity and development of the community and create an innovative ecology of open source operating systems, the openKylin community has divided different SIG groups according to their fields and is actively engaged in various technical research and innovation. Among them, one new SIG group was added to the community in December , and a total of 57 SIG groups are in operation. Next, let us take stock of the latest technical progress of the openKylin community SIG group in December:
Community added SIG
Open source compliance and intellectual property protection SIG will be the subject of this important concern of the community. Taking the open source compliance governance of the operating system as the starting point, we will actively dock the "Trusted Open Source Compliance Program" and improve the openKylin "Controlled Open Source" system. Actively explore theoretical innovation, promotion and implementation of intellectual property protection and open source compliance.
OpenKylin community technical progress and achievements
The UKUI (Ultimate Kylin User Interface) SIG group is committed to the planning, maintenance and upgrading of desktop environment-related software packages, desktop environment programs that meet the needs of various devices and users, mainly including program launchers (start menu), user configuration, files Management, login lock screen, desktop, network tools, quick configuration, etc., provide users with a basic graphical operation platform. The desktop core component development tools are mainly based on Qt and C++. The purpose is to consistently improve the operating experience of the system and provide a desktop environment integrating stability, aesthetics, fluency and convenience. The progress in December is as follows:
● Completed the submission of 76 required codes such as UKUI 4.0 notifications and optimization of folding effects;
●Bug fixes in version 0.9.5 are advanced, and problems with modules such as global search, login, start menu, network, and taskbar are fixed;
● Complete the development of the "level freeze" mechanism and submit the unit test, and provide a demo for the first round of testing for synchronous functional requirements;
● Added PC tablet mode switching animation and bottom gesture swipe up function.
All interested community developers are welcome to join us to create a stable and easy-to-use desktop environment for the openKylin desktop system!
Virtualization SIG is committed to building the virtualization technology of the openKylin community system and creating a full-scenario virtualization solution for the end, edge, and cloud. The main progress of this SIG group in December is as follows:
● Added three virtualization dependency toolkits;
● Self-test using virt-manager to create a new virtual machine, test virgl 3D rendering, virtio-gpu hardware codec function is normal;
● Complete the virtualization component requirement submission, unit test submission, and follow up the virtualization component testing;
● Communicate with Yunji Information Company about joining the Virtualization SIG group.
Welcome all enthusiasts who are interested in the direction of virtualization technology to join Virtualization SIG!
The RTH hypervisor SIG group is dedicated to the research of real-time virtualization technology, and currently mainly includes Jailhouse, which provides virtualization solutions for real-time control in industrial control, vehicle and other fields. The main progress in December is as follows:
● Build a jailhouse code warehouse;
● Added support for ARM64 phytium ft2000/4, ftd2000.
Interested community enthusiasts are welcome to join and contribute to the research and application of RTHypervisor's virtualization technology!
This SIG group is mainly responsible for the maintenance of RISC-V architecture open source software packages, releasing the RISC-V version of openKylin, and performing software package construction and system construction. The progress of the RISC-V SIG group in December is as follows:
● libreoffice and firefox software adaptation dependency processing;
● The Pingtouge development board solves the problem of invalid mouse and keyboard, the problem of network connection failure, and the problem of desktop environment dependence;
● RVTrans enhanced support for GTK3 and packaging of dynamic libraries;
● Solve problems such as openKylin input method, network, mount U disk, display desktop, etc.;
● Pingtouge development board adaptation, dealing with permissions, gpu adaptation and other issues.
Welcome all enthusiasts who are interested in the technical direction of RISC-V development platform to join RISC-V SIG!
This SIG group is committed to creating and maintaining the Storage Storage SIG community in the openKylin community, providing hardware and software adaptation and support for storage systems based on the openKylin system, maintenance of general storage software stacks such as block devices and file systems, and software and hardware adaptation, etc. Work. The progress of the SIG group in December is as follows:
● Communicate with Green Crystal Semiconductor Company, and communicate with Green Crystal to join the Srtoge SIG group.
Welcome all community partners who are interested in the storage field to join the Storage SIG group!
● The openKylin GPU SIG group is dedicated to research on GPU driver-related technologies, including OpenGL, OpenCL, Vulkan, VDPAU, and VAAPI. Provide technical planning, design, development, maintenance and upgrade services of GPU-related software packages, and jointly promote the development of domestic GPU technology. The progress of the GPU SIG group in December is as follows:
● Communicate with Moore thread and communicate about joining the GPU SIG group.
Welcome all community partners who are interested in CPU drivers, domestic GPU technology, display and other related fields to join the GPU SIG group!
Release SIG is mainly responsible for coordinating various SIG groups, controlling version development progress and risks, formulating version release plans, and completing version release work. The main progress of Release SIG in December is as follows:
● The openKylin Alpha version is officially tested (X86, RISC-V), and the 4G and 8G Pingtouge development board mirroring is completed, and the startup problem is solved;
● Promote the scheduling and review of high-level bugs in version 0.9.5;
● Promote 0.9.5 Beta version Bug repair, regression version testing;
● openKylin 0.9.5 release status review.
All enthusiasts who are interested in openKylin community version integration, version management, version distribution, etc. are welcome to join the Release SIG!
Packaging SIG is responsible for maintaining the package packaging specifications of the openKylin community, maintaining public software packages, and coordinating and making decisions on package dependencies during the release of community versions. The main progress in December is as follows:
● Handle package issues such as openssl, linux-hwe, perl, etc.; develop software package dependency version number standardization tools, and batch process version number mismatch issues;
● Transplant Hello software to openKylin, python3.10 new feature documentation;
● 12 packages have been compiled locally, and 9 new self-constructed source codes have been added this week, and a total of 687 self-constructed projects have been built;
● Compiled and uploaded 17 packages including libmarisa0, quilt, and perl 5.36.0;
● gitee warehouse source code package composition tool development;
● Write python3.10 selection build compilation documents, glibc upgrade process documents;
● Im-config, imagemagick, perl, web page WeChat compilation and installation problem handling;
● Improve the glibc upgrade documentation;
● Complete a python3.10 selection, build and compile document;
● Solve the KMRE problem, upgrade libwebp, newly build liborcus, freeglut and other local packages 13, upload 9 to latest ppa.
Welcome all community enthusiasts who are interested in independent selection, compilation and packaging of openKylin community software to join us!
● Project creation: Add java project creation, configuration management functions and Jar/War packaging support, add packaging RPM/DEB visual selection of installation files and graphical installation process display;
● Deadlock detection: supports the function of identifying the deadlock of the process in the container, and supports the critical section analysis function of the specified process;
● CMake language: supports new features such as semantic highlighting, code formatting, and jumping to definitions.
Welcome all enthusiasts who are interested in openKylin community application integrated development environment to join Framework SIG!
The Xfce SIG group is mainly responsible for maintaining the adaptation and development of the Xfce desktop environment in the openKylin community. The main progress of the SIG group in December is as follows:
● The Xfce desktop environment has been adapted and transplanted to the latest Xfce 4.18 version, which can be installed and used.
All interested community enthusiasts are welcome to join us!
The KDE SIG group is mainly responsible for maintaining the adaptation and development of the KDE desktop environment in the openKylin community. The main progress of the SIG group in December is as follows:
● The KDE desktop environment has completed the latest KDE Gear 22.12 adaptation porting, which can be installed and used.
All interested community enthusiasts are welcome to join us!
The QA SIG group is committed to improving the quality of the openKylin community version, including community version testing, quality assurance, etc. The main progress of this month is as follows:
● 0.9.5-alpha version full test (X86 and RISC-V), 0.9.5-beta version regression test;
● 0.9.5 version upgrade test, there are some problems that cannot be upgraded, and an issue has been submitted;
● Verified 53 historical Bugs, 50 passed and 3 failed;
● Software store - Added openKylin ID login support requirements test, there are some abnormal functions, submit 5 issues, including 2 high-level ones;
● The virtualization and tiered freezing requirements tests were completed, 3 issues were submitted, 1 was high-level, and the test report has been sent;
● Completion of the speccpu performance comparison test, the overall needs to be optimized;
● Confirm that version 0.9.5 plans to solve 61 bugs and complete the meeting review;
● Version 0.9 public beta activity issue review and scoring processing;
● The unit test process description document review is completed and merged into the code cloud.
All community enthusiasts who are interested in openKylin community version testing and quality management are welcome to join us!
The openKylin SecurityGovernance SIG improves the security of community products by receiving and responding to product security problem reports from the openKylin community, providing community security guidance, and carrying out security governance activities. The main progress of this month is as follows:
● 202 CVE repair issues have been submitted, and the security governance SIG group has completed a total of 107 repair issues independently;
● Added an original technical article "Introduction to AFLplusplus" in the fuzzing warehouse;
● 2 new technical articles in the offensive and defensive think tank (research on MySQL honeypot for traceability and countermeasures, introduction to AFLplusplus-practical mining of vim vulnerabilities);
● Added 4 vulnerability POCs to the PoC vulnerability repository;
● The openKylin-cve-tracker warehouse submitted 8 PRs this week, initially planning the openKylin vulnerability intelligence sharing mechanism;
● "Pulse Diagnosis" missed scanning framework (genmai), debugged and compiled the vulnerability generation report module, completed the construction of the baseline module framework, and completed the development of the system application level vulnerability scanning function, report generation module, and multi-threaded scanning;
● Attack-defense-think-tank (attack-defense-think-tank), 1 external person joined in the contribution, added the remote code execution vulnerability analysis of the Thinkphp multilingual module;
● Fix 1 vulnerability: CVE-2021-30560;
● Organized and released 109 CVE issues, providing CVE information, scoring, patches, references, etc.
All community enthusiasts who are interested in openKylin version security vulnerability mining/verification, security vulnerability repair and other security work are welcome to join us!
This SIG group is committed to the development and maintenance of basic applications in the openKylin community, and to expand the ecology of the openKylin system. The main progress of this month is as follows:
● Complete the integration of the weather widget into openKylin version 0.9.5;
● Completed the integration of font manager into openKylin 0.9.5 version.
Welcome all community enthusiasts who are interested in UKUI application development in the openKylin community to join us!
This SIG group is dedicated to exploring capabilities related to the compatibility of complete machines, peripherals, and application software in the openKylin community. The progress of the Compatibility SIG group in December is as follows:
● Sort out the application adaptation situation: 698 softwares have dependency problems, 25 softwares cannot be opened or have abnormal functions, and 200+ softwares do not fill in the reasons.
Welcome all friends who are interested in software and hardware adaptation related work in the openKylin community to join us!
This SIG group is committed to the development and exploration of the openKylin community version's complete machine and hardware compatible automation tools, applying automation-related new technologies and promoting the maintenance of automation tools in the community, improving the quality of the openKylin community version, including community version testing and quality assurance. The progress of the HWTestKit SIG group in December is as follows:
● Open source KylinPVT, KylinKCC test framework and supporting use cases.
Welcome all community enthusiasts who are interested in the field of automated testing tools to join the HWTestKit SIG group!
Infrastructure SIG is responsible for the development and maintenance of the basic platform system functions of the openKylin community. The main progress of this month is as follows:
● CI platform: Fix the bug that the version number of the PR access control inspection software package is abnormal;
● Added sca open source component check to PR access control check;
● CLA platform: Added the function of modifying organization administrator information.
Welcome all enthusiasts who are interested in the development and maintenance of the openKylin community infrastructure platform to join Infrastructure SIG!
About openKylin Community SIG
The openKylin (Open Kylin) community is a free and open community. All SIG groups in the community are open, and anyone or any organization can participate. You can choose to join an existing SIG or create a new one. As of now, 57 SIGs are running in the openKylin community, including Architecture, Infrastructure, Release, Kernel, Security, Compatibility, etc.
If you are interested in this and want to join the openKylin (Open Kylin) community and participate in SIG contributions, you can click " https://www.openkylin.top/sig/index-en.html " for more details.
About the openKylin community
The openKylin (Open Kylin) community aims to take "co-creation" as the core, on the basis of open source, voluntariness, equality, and collaboration, to build a partner ecosystem with enterprises in an open source and open way, and to jointly create a top-level desktop operating system community. Promote the prosperity and development of Linux open source technology and its software and hardware ecology.
The first batch of council member units in the community include Kylin Software, Puhua Basic Software, Zhongke Fangde, Kylin Principal, Meditation Software, Yiming Software, ZTE New Fulcrum, Yuanxin Technology, China Electronics 32, Jide System, Beijing Lin Zhuo, Advanced Operating System Innovation Center and other 13 industry colleagues and industry organizations.